Friday 1 August 2008

Guest of The Long and the Short of It Romance -- Part 1



This is the first in a series of five guest articles I provided to The Long and the Short of It Romance site during my July virtual book tour to promote His Shadowed Heart. These five short blurbs are inteded to help readers get to know more about me.

Regards,

Hazel





No More Dogs!

No more dogs! Definitely no more dogs! These were my husband’s words and I have to admit, to a certain extent, I agreed with him. Ten-year-old Lucy was to be our last dog. I am sixty-two and my husband is a very active sixty-three and we thought our dog walking days were behind us. We knew Lucy had a terminal illness and we treasured her all the more for it and remained firm in our resolve.

It took one phone call, just one phone call to put that resolve clean out of our heads. Pam, who had bred our first Lab, Tara, twenty-two years ago, phoned to say that her dog had had a litter. There was a shocked silence – we both knew what was going through the others head.

“OK, when do we go to look at the pups?” our daughter asked.

“We’re not!” I replied firmly.

Mollie arrived two weeks later. She is a little devil and a pure delight and Lucy adores her. Who said we were too old to have a new puppy? My husband? Me? Never!

No comments: